Sunday 30 May 2010

Oh flower of Scotland...

Right now, I'm in Scotland; St. Andrews to be exact. I'm staying in a nice little collection of holiday cottages called Morton's of Pitmilly - despite there being nice facilities here, tennis courts, putting green, (WIFI!) blah blah blah, it still feels to me like I'm in the shit end of nowhere. Whenever I go on holiday, I get really sentimental and miss my friends a lot. And this is only after 1 day, with the benefit of internet communication, although I can't get a signal on my phone. Yeah, it's useful for buckling down to revision, but I miss them!

I think what exacerbates the problem is that I left straight after my secondary school prom - it was a great evening, but unfortunately, due to needing to get up early to travel here, I couldn't go to any of the various afterparties, much as I wanted to, and had to instead wave a white van, full of my friends, goodbye, probably looking incredibly sombre. I hear they had a great time, which, happy as I am for them, can't fail to ignite a spark of jealousy - never a positive thing.

Anyhow, with a washing machine doing its incessant... well, washing, but nonetheless emitting a sound that sounds somewhat like an old Doctor Who mechanical villain, which is beginning to get on my nerves a bit, and I actually have a desperate urge to eat to stave off the boredom, but I'll probably just resort to reading a book. Or browse some internet forum, reading people's opinions that I don't really care about, just so I can mock them in my head with a theatrical gasp and say 'Great Scott! Does 'T3hIns4n3987' really think that the later work of Carcass has more artistic merit than early Napalm Death?'. I then plan (in my head, of course) to refute their point with an essay-length, well-researched rebuttal... but then I realise that I don't have an account on xxxdeathxmetalxxx.com/forum, and thus decide that it's all a waste of time anyway, and I decide to just let 'T3hIns4n3987' WALLOW in their own ignorance. Yeah, I'm the knight in shining armour of internet ignorance.

I'd like to conclude this post by introducing two potential authors to the blog, although I'm not quite sure of the volume of contribution that we can expect, both Persona 102 (yeah, I sort of dragged her into it, hence the copycat name), and hlctwh93, who I'm more confident of a nice contribution from time to time from. The only problem is this: it now seems like everyone who I know reads my blog, writes for it, so, if there's anyone in the murky depths of the internet (to borrow a phrase from the wonderful hlcwth93) who is reading, please, speak up! It makes it so much more worthwhile for all of us. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment