Thursday 20 May 2010

Blogging for blogging's sake.

Study leave has finally started. And what do I intend to do with it? Start my revision proper, of course! After all, the clue's in the name. The problem is the vast amount of subjects to revise, and the sudden rush of noble 'let's do some revision' valour, that of course leads to twenty minutes of umming and ahhing about what subject to revise before eventually deciding to follow the 'Fuck this for a game of tennis, I have other stuff I can do. Like blog.' route, which will unfortunately/fortuitously (depending on how you see it) result in many bastard, misconceived posts like this one.

Usually, when I open the dashboard, I have a purpose, something I want to write about. Do I this time? Hell no. I have Facebook, this and Youtube open, none of which can hold my attention for too long (this being the longest - i.e. the period of time it takes to write a post). I will eventually get down to some revision - most likely Biology, having my exam tomorrow - but for the time being, I'm perfectly content to rest in my stupor with a complete lack of direction.

In the time between writing these two paragraphs, I've even managed to get out my revision book - a clear sign of intent, surely? To analogize it (is that even a word?), it's like a recording being found of a suspect at a murder enquiry promising to fulfil the exact specifications of the murder that has actually taken place. But not actually murder. Well, not literally; but speaking figuratively has never been my forte (damn Blogger's lack of an easy facility for adding acute accents to 'E's).

Actually, I DO have something to write about - yesterday, I saw 'Four Lions'. It was great; one of the best comedies I've ever seen. Right up there with 'Team America', although most of the best comedy doesn't come in the form of a film, but rather a guy (or girl - I don't want Jo Brand's wrath!) standing on a stage, baring their soul to the audience, or, in Frank Skinner's case, slowly gyrating. Anyhow, the film. Whilst the subject matter may be a little touchy, and may get the makers into trouble, similarly to Salman Rushdie, a lot of the best comedy is non-PC. I would seriously recommend it to anybody willing to temporarily drop some of their 'politically correct' inhibitions.

No comments:

Post a Comment