Sunday 13 June 2010

Back in various shades of green

Apologies for the lack of a post recently; I've been in a bit of a dilemma. However, I want to write about how things were created. For instance, tea: how did someone come up with an idea as absurd of putting leaves in water hot enough to absorb their flavour? Whilst it may seem like a fairly rudimentary drink compared to the smorgasbord of various cocktails on offer in this day and age, it must have nonetheless appeared revolutionary at the time. It could have been one of these scenarios where the initial creator of the idea was thought of as a bit of a clot at the time, but in the aftermath of their demise, people came to herald them as something of a genius, which is somewhat useless to a dead person, like the pointlessness of posthumously awarding a Nobel Prize.

Anyway, I've come up with a theory. From my experience, many strange ideas will originally be brought up in a comedic manner, and then, in some strange form of experimentation, will be tested by someone or other, for good or for bad (usually bad for the poor sod unfortunate enough to be testing it), and if it appears to be a good idea, then it will fall into common practise. Of course, this discoverer will invariably be some nonentity, and so will get their ideas stolen by some person 'of greater entitlement' - 'Oh I do say Quentin, what a spiffing idea of mine it was to put these leaves in this water! I am EVER so inventive!'

Then again, for each idea that works, there will be many which result in a position of unfortunate hilarity for the tester, which, however much their comrades might appreciate the comedy, will result in them feeling somewhat unfulfilled and indeed, rather silly. One example of this is a 'friend' of mine's idea for a Yorkshire Independence Party, which made him even more of a laughing stock than he already was! What an absolute twat.

Of course, having been almost incapacitated by the dreadful throes of a horrible illness recently, I'm now hoping for a speedy solution to the common cold. Preferably within the next couple of days, as hopefully, beyond that it won't affect my current strifes. I like having an empty feeling inside my head, which admittedly isn't overly hard in Geography lessons (holy shit, Geography exam this afternoon!), rather than this large, solid block feeling that seems to be sufficiently disproportionate to the density of the rest of my body to throw me off balance.

I'll leave you there, as I should really get back to this summary of my Geography revision. I don't doubt I'll be fine, but it helps to steady the nerves, as I mentioned in one of my previous posts. One last thought: damn the two capsules every four hours restriction on intake of paracetamol.

Persona 101

No comments:

Post a Comment