Sunday 25 April 2010

Steak, pineapples and pipettes

Which is the odd one out? Anyhow, I thought I'd post about the past week; how it's gone, what's happened, and indeed, the weekend, the glorious bank holiday weekend which will undoubtedly be dominated by shining sun and revision, the most despicable combination known to man since an anal passage and a glass jar.

The week began with the usual nauseating feeling of school, worsened by the creeping realisation that GCSE exams are fast approaching and the revision I've done amounts to in depth knowledge of the causes of World War One, Weimar Germany, and, er... stimulation with various products, namely those mentioned in the title. I'm sure my English examiner will be delighted to hear.

As usual, I began the week with the awakening excitement of French - at 25 past 8 on Monday morning, I really couldn't give a shit about the conditional perfect tense, or indeed the apparent lack of a genitive case in French. Of course, these concerns occurred twice more, as usual, on Tuesday and Thursday, and again, as usual, I am in a degenerate state where I wish to travel back in time and cause Prussia to annex ALL of France as the spoils of the 1870 Franco-Prussian war (you see, causes of WW1). Not that German's any better, but at least I'd have one less language to learn... one WITH a genitive case.

Then, waking up Wednesday morning to a call from a friend who reminded me that we were supposed to be cooking together in school that day was frankly terrifying - I'm not sure whether I was more impressed with myself for maintaining a vibe of coherency during that (seemingly) crack-of-dawn conversation, or for managing to improvise a fish and tomato sauce for the pizza we eventually cooked, whilst making a base, within an hour!

Of course, not all of the week's been this hectic. I have had a short while to put my feet up at home - yet another twenty or so hours wasted away in front of a screen should do the trick - and indeed, attempt to convey sarcasm over the internet without directly pointing it out. Shit. Anyway, I have once again needed to have a rant at people for using stupid internet abbreviations - threatening to kill kittens usually does the trick - and envelop a small (heightwise) Chinese girl in between myself and another relatively large friend. Despite the screaming, she loves it really.

Coming to the end of this post, I'm really looking forward to the weekend, despite what I may have earlier suggested. Firstly, there's an evening of squash, fish, chips and TV ahead, with more squash to come tomorrow morning. Sunday? DEATHFEST. I mean, wow. Although I enjoy every band on the bill to some extent, I'm particularly looking forward to Immolation, Brujeria, Negura Bunget, and Fukpig (what a name). And Monday? A day nerding out on the Halo Reach beta, of course, until I decide that I should probably get on with revision at about 6.30pm. Oh, and Hannah? Ribeye works best.

No comments:

Post a Comment