Sunday 25 April 2010

I have a dream...

It's quite a frequent dream, and I had it again last night, so I thought that I may as well write about it. Basically, I dream that I'm climbing a ladder - a fairly straightforward ladder at first, but then my vision starts distorting, thus the ladder starts changing shape - whether it becomes fatter, thinner, with more rungs, less rungs (in terms of frequency), or if it just becomes a completely different shape (last night, for instance, I found myself desperately clutching on to a rotating circle).

Anyhow, as it begins to change shape, I find it harder and harder to hold on, as it seems to be doing everything it can to throw me off into the deep oblivion below. When I do finally drop, I wake up, and I'm usually in some terrifying position that I couldn't possibly get into whilst conscious. Last night wasn't too bad in this respect; I merely woke up at about half past seven with a thud on the floor.

I would try and do something to stop this dream recurring, but for this: aside from being absolutely pant-shittingly terrifying (improvised adjectives for life!), it's actually good fun, although the bruises aren't. I wake up, scratch my back, and mutter to myself "Wowie! What an absolutely awesome rest! I feel completely refreshed!"

Nonetheless, it's good that it's happened this time on a Saturday night, where I can just exist in a sleep deprived stupor for the next 13 hours or so, and nobody shall this time suffer the wrath of the tired and moody teenager. So... everybody's a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment